Wednesday 15 September 2010

Day12: Cambuslang - Arrochar(45miles)


So, after an evening of milking his "bad knee", Richard 'Sicknote' Frost decided to grace us with his not inconsiderable presence and we are heading back to Cambuslang to continue our epic journey. I will continue tonight (if 'Sicknote' can stop his whining for 5 minutes!)

UPDATE....

Sicknote & I embarked upon our re-started journey in Cambuslang and met Stuart who donated after stopping on the Dumbarton rd. Getting through Glasgow was a real pain as I dont know the S.E. at all and my "google maps" went down for the duration. Much scratching of heads and wrong turnings later, Sicknote then dubbed me "Radar" for getting lost. (In my defence, he believes if you are Scottish, you obviously have streetmaps of the entire country lodged in your head!)

On a positive note, after we escaped Glasgow and its smooth roads (check for dislodged fillings later!), we had a smooth run along the West coast of Loch Lomond to Arrochar.

Beautiful scenery (although NOT 6 feet in front of me!) and Sicknotes' knee held up. Long hilly day tomorrow, we hope the team stays together and in good shape. Spirits high after much needed confidence boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment