Saturday 11 September 2010

Day7: Shrewsbury to Runcorn (60miles)



A shorter day was needed, so we took some fairly flat Bnnroads into Wales and back out again. Beautiful day and stoppped in the quaint village of Ellesmere for lunch. Got some very generous donations; particularly from David Newdell (Newdell Computers). A lovely couple called The Haywords donated. As we stopped to check our directions, a little girl called Emily came running up to donate after her mum and she spotted us on the road. Moments like that are, amazingly, commonplace and hugely encouraging. Frosty keeps telling me "Scotland's got a lot to live up to". Here's hoping the residents of God's country can rise to the challenge! Arrived at our accommodation, found by my beautiful fiance (as I am instructed to call her!). A great place called Camoanile Hotel. Good day today AND Frosty told me that, because I've stayed on my bike for 5 days, I can........TAKE OFF MY STABILISERS! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment