Saturday 11 September 2010

Day8: Runcorn - Morecambe (67miles)


My stabilisers were put back on today! I managed to do another slow-motion fall without getting my feet out of the pedals in time. At least I've evened it up, that's 2 falls on each side now! Intermittent showers and sunshine today. meaning Frosty had his waterproofs off and on lots. We had some great problems getting out of Runcorn, 6 miles before we start making any real progress. The good citizens of Runcorn did their best to help me dismount from my bike, whilstI was riding at speed! Luckily I managed to evade their early Saturday morning efforts. We managed to get out of the rain in Billinge. Jason Freece donated half way up a big hill. Two ladies stopped us at traffic lights to donate. One called Frosty "Honey-bun". Sure made his day. We made great time and stopped off in Morecambe (I think we lowered the average age - and that's saying something!). ps the dodgy photo is Frosty doing his best Eric Morecambe in Morecambe impression. Sigh, I've got to travel with this. Lord, help me!

1 comment:

  1. Frosty you've gotta catch one of these slow mo falls on camera, each time I read about it I wet myself laughing, I can just picture it! It'll make good material for you tube, I bet you'd get loads of views :o)

    ReplyDelete